The publication of the 11th edition of Atlas of Histology comes after a thorough and critical review by numerous external reviewers. The author carefully evaluated all of the reviewers’ comments and suggestions.
- Differential Diagnosis in Clinical Medicine 1st Edition PDF Free
- Textbook of Dental Anatomy and Oral Physiology PDF Free
- ENT An Introduction and Practical Guide 2nd Edition 2018 PDF Free
- Practice Questions for NCLEX-PN (Test Preparation) 2nd Edition PDF Free
- The ADA Practical Guide to Soft Tissue Oral Disease 2nd Edition 2018 PDF Free
Many of the valuable suggestions that fit the design and purpose of the atlas were implemented in preparing the new edition. Basic Approach Although the research in numerous and different areas of science continues to produce valuable new results, histology remains one of the fundamental sciences that is essential in understanding and interpreting this new knowledge.
In preparing the 11th edition of the atlas, the author maintained its unique and traditional approach, namely, providing the student with realistic, full-color composite and idealized illustrations of histologic structures. Added to the illustrations are actual photomicrographs of similar structures. This unique approach has become a popular trademark of the atlas. In addition, all structures have been directly correlated with the most important and essential functional correlations. This approach allows the student to learn histologic structure and their major functions at the same time, without spending additional time on reference books. The images and information presented in this format in the atlas have served the needs of undergraduate, graduate, medical, veterinary, and biologic science students in numerous previous editions. The present edition continues to address the needs of present or future students of histology.Changes in the 11th Edition Several significant changes that have been incorporated into this atlas are presented in detail below.
• All introductory chapters and all sections with functional correlations have been updated and expanded to reflect the new scientific information and interpretations.
• Each chapter is followed by a comprehensive summary in the form of an easy-to-follow outline.
• All remaining old illustrations from previous editions have been replaced with new, original, and digitized color illustrations. All other illustrations that were not originally digitized have been recolorized to improve their appearance.
• Transmission electron micrographs of skeletal muscle have been added to the muscle chapter to illustrate the details of individual muscle fibers and their sarcomeres.
• Scanning and transmission electron micrographs of the podocytes and their unique associations with the capillaries in the renal corpuscles have been added to the chapter on the kidney
Free Online Books Download: diFiore’s Atlas of Histology with Functional Correlations 11th Edition PDF