Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019 (CMDT 2019) is the 58th edition of this single-source reference forpractitioners in both hospital and ambulatory settings.
The book – Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019 emphasizes the practical features of clinical diagnosis andpatient management in all fields of internal medicine and in specialties of interest to primary care practitioners and tosubspecialists who provide general care.Our students have inspired us to look at issues of race and justice, which surely impact people’s health. We have thereforereviewed the content of our work to ensure that it contains the dignity and equality that every patient deserves.
INTENDED AUDIENCE FOR CMDT
House officers, medical students, and all other health professions students will find the descriptions of diagnostic andtherapeutic modalities, with citations to the current literature, of everyday usefulness in patient care.Internists, family physicians, hospitalists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and all primary care providers willappreciate CMDT as a ready reference and refresher text. Physicians in other specialties, pharmacists, and dentists will find the Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019 a useful basic medical reference text. Nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants will welcome the formatand scope of Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019 as a means of referencing medical diagnosis and treatment.Patients and their family members who seek information about the nature of specific diseases and their diagnosis andtreatment may also find this book – Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019 to be a valuable resource.
NEW IN THIS EDITION OF CMDT
• New color figures throughout Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019
• Rewritten section on pain management at the end of life
• Updated American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) guidelines for treatment ofvalvular heart disease
• ACC consensus document providing decision pathway for use of transcatheter aortic valve replacement
• Extensively revised sections on long QT syndrome; AV block; and sinus arrhythmia, bradycardia, and tachycardia
• Rewritten section on atrial tachycardia
• Substantial revision of ventricular tachycardia management
• New algorithms for managing mitral regurgitation and heart failure with reduced ejjection fraction
• New table outlining management strategies for women with valvular heart disease, complex congenital heart disease,pulmonary hypertension, aortopathy, and dilated cardiomyopathy
• New ACC/AHA and Hypertension Canada blood pressure guidelines
• New table outlining blood pressure values across a range of measurement methods (ie, home and ambulatorymonitoring)
Medical Free Books: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019 PDF