The Fifth Edition of Luellmann’s Color Atlas of Pharmacology has been extensively revised to include all recent advances and new drugs, and the illustrations have been optimized and updated. Each two-page spread presents concise text on the left complemented by detailed full-color illustrations on the right to help users quickly digest important facts and concepts.
Color-coded sections provide readers with a helpful framework with which to approach the latest developments in pharmacology.
- Part 1, General Pharmacology, explains basic aspects, such as drug absorption, distribution, and elimination, along with the molecular mechanisms of drug actions
- Part 2, Systems Pharmacology, presents the different groups of drugs, emphasizing their functional and therapeutic aspects
- Part 3, Therapy of Selected Diseases, provides all the relevant information regarding the pharmacological treatment of a large number of conditions
- User-friendly format ideal for study and review, self-assessment, and quick reference
- Completely revised and updated, with 174 color plates
- New glossary of important and interesting pharmacological terms
- Updated detailed drug indexes containing current information on drugs listed by both generic and brand names
The Fifth Edition of Color Atlas of Pharmacology is an essential study guide and reference for every student, nurse, and practicing physician needing to keep up to date with recent advances in the field.
Description Color Atlas of Pharmacology 5th Edition PDF
In the European Union, about 25 new chemical preparations are approved annually for distribution as pharmaceutical products, approximately 10 of which are “innovative” drugs with a novel molecular mechanism of action. “New” is not always “better,” thus new drugs undergo evaluation of their beneficial effects to establish whether new substances reflect an actual therapeutic improvement compared to existing structures, therefore justifying a possible increase in costs to the collective of insured persons.
The innovative strength of pharmaceutical manufacturers. licensing procedures, and the assessment of benefits, together form the basis for successful drug treatment, but the decisive factor is ultimately ensuring that individual patients have access to optimal “customized” treatment. This “therapeutic art” requires that pharmacological principles be understood, and not just memorized. The Color Atlas ofl’hannaco/ogy is intended to provide students of medicine, dental medicine, and pharmaceutics, as well as anyone with an interest in pharmaceuticals, with an overview of all the available information on pharmacological structures and their methods of action.
Special emphasis is placed upon providing the information necessary to enable the reader to understand the principles of pharmacology. Purely factual information, fOr example, ondosages,caneasilybefoundwithanintemet search. However, in order to make sense of the facts. connections are explained in graphics, mechanisms of action are dearly depicted, and new drug substances are listed together with existing ones. Many plates and text passages have been fundamentally revised in this new edition, and three completely new double-page spreads have been added Modern specialized medications such as antibodies that fight malignant diseases and harmful infections, as well as kinase inhibitors. have been integrated into tabular overviews.
The concept of Luellmann’s Color Atlos of Pharmacology recently celebrated its 25th anniversary. The Atlas was founded by Professor Heinz Luellmann in cooperation with Albrecht Ziegler, Klaus Mohr, and juergen Wirth. Professor Luellrnann passed away shortly before work on this new English edition was started. This edition is dedicated posthumously to his memory.
Info Color Atlas of Pharmacology 5th Edition PDF
- Categories: Free Medical Books,Pharmacology
- Print Length: 416 pages
- 5 edition (November 15, 2017)
- Language: English
Medical Textbooks Online: Color Atlas of Pharmacology 5th Edition PDF