NCLEX-RN Review Made Incredibly Easy 5th Edition is an NCLEX review book that provides more than 6,500 questions and answers with rationales
Congratulations, new graduate! You’re almost there! There’s only one hurdle left—passing the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN®). It may seem like a daunting task ahead but if you study hard and prepare yourself for the examination, you can tackle this challenge with success and begin your exciting career as a nurse!
NCLEX-RN Review Made Incredibly Easy, Fifth Edition, is designed to help you review and prepare. This book is the capstone of the Incredibly Easy book series. The same user-friendly format and humorous approach you have come to know and love in the Incredibly Easy book series is followed in this book as well. It’s informative, easy to understand, and provides a lighthearted approach, which helps keep you interested and motivated—all the ingredients for a great study aid for NCLEX-RN preparation!
The text is divided into six parts and 37 chapters. Part I provides an overview of the specifics of the NCLEX-RN examination (including alternate-format questions!) and outlines a plan for NCLEX-RN preparation. Parts II, III, IV, and V address content in the nursing specialty areas: Care of the adult, psychiatric care, maternal-neonatal care, and care of the child. Part VI features two chapters that focus on professional issues. The content is presented in an easyto-read, concise fashion, and features the Incredibly Easy characters who offer encouragement and humor along the way! Other features, such as Memory joggers, provide hints and tips to remember key facts.
In addition, you’ll find these valuable features in each chapter:
• Brush up on key concepts provides an overview of anatomy and physiology appropriate for the client’s developmental level.
• Cheat sheet serves as a quick overview of the chapter, summarizing each disorder, including key signs and symptoms, test results, treatments, and interventions. It can be used to review and reinforce what you’ve studied.
• Keep abreast of diagnostic tests describes the most common tests used to diagnose disorders and their associated nursing actions to help you ensure client safet a key component of the NCLEX-RN.
• Polish up on client care details nursing care for each disorder, using a nursing process approach. The content outlines provide a quick synopsis of pathophysiology, etiology, diagnostics, medical treatment, priority nursing diagnoses, and nursing management, including client teaching.
• Pump up on practice questions allows the reader to practice traditional and alternate- format NCLEX-style test questions related to the content. The answers include the rationale for the correct and incorrect responses, helping to reinforce learning. Each test question is classified according to the NCLEX Client needs categories and the cognitive level of the question according to Bloom’s taxonomy.
The accompanying Web site is a fantastic resource for NCLEX-RN examination practice. It contains more than 3,250 practice test questions, which you can take in “review” or “test” mode. In addition, you can select the number of questions to include in a practice test—75, 150, 256, all questions, or a random quantity designated by the tester. You can also access an online calculator to assist in answering questions requiring mathematical calculations.